I have a confession to make: I’ve never been to Utrecht. But last week I visited the cool city close to Amsterdam. And quite typical for The Netherlands, Utrecht is flooded with hip places to get something to eat and drink. I was only there for one afternoon so that means two difficult decisions to make for lunch and dinner. But man, was I happy with our choices. Meet my two favorite hotspots in Utrecht.
Hotspots in Utrecht: The Streetfood Club
This place is by far the coolest spot in Utrecht. From their interior to the menu to the amazing cocktails we had, everything is right. The place is huge and every compartment is decorated in another style, yet everything fits together perfectly. But, the reason we’re here. Food and drinks! The food is inspired on as well Asia and South America, so expect dim sums and tacos. Cause why the hell not. There’s also an all-day brunch menu (come at me with that banana bread) and the cocktails are yummm. I had the Bao Bae (bourbon, umeshu, passionfruit whipped cream and lemon juice) and it was one of the best cocktails I ever had, hands down. This place is obviously quite popular and you can only make a reservation when you’re a group over six. But don’t worry, they have a ‘traffic indicator’ on their website, so you know at any time of the day how busy the place is.
Hotspots in Utrecht: Dogma Hotdogs
I never really liked classic hotdogs, since it’s just sausage + bread + sauce. But that’s not what’s happening at Dogma. Their hotdogs are fancy as fuck and very affordable. I think they’re special because:
- the combination of flavors on the buns are crazy. From an Asian themed hotdog to lamb combined with bruschetta, to truffle mayonnaise
- their fries are so fresh and so clean, they cut the potatoes every. single. morning. And they’re delicious
- you can choose between white, brown or gluten-free bread
- I had the Pittige Pelgrim (€ 7,5), and it was spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicy 🤤
- they’re really rocking the divine/godlike theme
- and the best of all: all the hotdogs are available in meat (lamb, chicken, beef, pork) and vegetarian! Three of their masterpieces can even be made vegan. Praise the lord.
So yeah. Definitely should be on your list for a good lunch. Do it.
Enjoy these hotspots in Utrecht! More city trips? Right here!
Pin it to win it